BURGUNDY x ANKARA PATCHWORK SKIRT BY LABELS


Hello loves, how are you doing today? First of all I want to thank you all for your constant love and support on all my social Media platforms, the fact that I'm doing what I love and it's inspiring you all is very humbling. 

I also want to remind you that if you are reading this post now, you are here for a reason. So I encourage you to read and get motivated to style those pieces that you have in your wardrobe.

 I had someone ask me on my instagram page yesterday "I know the Ankara patchwork trend was on trend a few years ago, is it back this season?". This got me thinking we are constantly waiting for the fashion industries, models amongst others to tell us what is in and what's not. When really we should be, 








 Looking to set the tone and trend so that everyone else will conform to what we agree with. 

 
I threw some orange jubilee flowers to show you guys how excited I am for the next chapter of my life (no im not getting married) and how much I appreciate you all.  

 
In today's post, I've styled this gorgeous burgundy top. However, the key piece in this post is my ANKARA patchwork skirt. 


 
Basically, the Ankara patchwork skirt is made out of different ANKARA pieces. Look closely at this skirt do you see how the tailor has to still think through how each fabric is placed (shoutout to @labels___ she always gets it right. 

 A dominant print was the burgundy so I thought I would tailor my top and accessories and shoes towards that. This look was fun to put together and honestly, it was inspired because I wore it to church a few sundays ago and I thought, I have to show you guys. 
 
To make this outfit more FALL season appropriate I would throw on a coat. Probably, camel to give it that contrast and off course the camel coats goes with anything. 

I hope you enjoyed reading this post today. What are your thoughts on this outfit? Leave a comment below. 
 

 

 
     
          Thank you for stopping by today. Xo

                         OUTFIT DETAILS
TOP: Topshop 
Skirt: Custom made by @labels
Shoes:Forever21
Sunglasses: Ross
Wristwatch: Micheal Kors

Post a Comment